Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Red Pill

Options
  • 29-06-2017 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Got to watch this film last night. Simply put it highlights activities of a male action group to deal with male issues in life while also highlighting activities of the feminist movement. Its a documentary made by a feminist to investigate the opposite side of the argument. It really is a good watch. Facts such as domestic abuse of males by females is in fact more prevalent in the US than domestic abuse of females by males. Now I know figures can be skewed. For example many women would be too scared to report domestic abuse, but then many men would be too embarrassed to admit they are being abused. It then goes on to discuss the low percentage of CEO's that are women and the low numbers of politicians that are women. But the film points out how women are less interested that there are more binmen that are male. Other things such as males getting longer prison sentences than females (60% on average), men having to sign up to be drafted into the army but not women, when Hilary Clinton was asked to answer this the subject was changed pretty fast. It was an eye-opening film and one I would recommend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭ForestFire

I'm sorry I don't remember any of that in the Matrix..:)

But it dose sound interesting I'll have to look it up

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I have heard about it and may give it a go at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Is this on general release.
    Wouldn't mind seeing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Hastentoadd

I did read some of the reviews after watching the documentary and probably what caught my eye the most is that it isn't balanced in what it suggests. It makes out feminists as being loud-mouthed and unwilling to listen to any opinion while male activists as being saints. In reality feminists have a point, as have male activists. There is a positive nature to what both groups strive for, but also there is also the hate element in both groups. So the documentary promoted positives for male activists while also promoting negatives for feminists. Personally, on reflection, I think the documentary was somewhat unbalanced. That said I do think that the male argument does deserve some press and the points made in the documentary hold credence. I just think it did seem to be very one-sided which probably weakens the argument made

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Is this on Netflix?

• Advertisement
Advertisement