Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child Maintenance / Property advice / Separation

Options
  • 29-06-2017 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi ,

my wife and i ended things recently, and im lost about what to do in terms of child maintenance.

We have a mortgage shared bills etc,

I want to pay what i need for my daughter no problem,

but as i have left the house i dont want to pay for her to live there with the baby if some one else comes to live with them wither a relative or new partner,

i never want my daughter to need for anything, and i want her to have a steady home to live in,

I earn 2200 after tax a month and obviously for me to live somewhere else in Dublin it wont be cheap. does anyone have advice what i should do in my situation.

In my mind i have estimated 200 a week (800 month) to her for the baby

around 800 a month for rent / bills

250 a month for food which leaves me 350 a month for my own time with the baby and whatever else i need eg clothes ( which is only 80 a week )

any advice greatly appreciated

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Hi Sorry to hear of your situation.

I think that amount might be unsustainable and from cases I've heard of an ordered maintenance would be much less.

Would you go to the Free Family Mediation? It's always good to have someone on the outside. It's available for all.

http://www.legalaidboard.ie/en/Our-Services/Family-Mediation/

Importantly: The focus of the mediation is on the child so I believe this will ensure a fair arrangement.

How are children involved?
    Family mediation is a child-focused service putting strong emphasis on the well-being of the child/children involved in separation and divorce.

The mediator ensures that the "Voice of the Child" is brought into the mediation process. This is done directly or indirectly depending on the circumstances.

Advertisement