Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulging Discs in my Neck

Options
  • 28-06-2017 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

Hi

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this.

I have poor posture and have had for a while. I've been told that my spine has straightened so not the normal S shape alignment
    I was in a car crash in April and recently have had an MRI which showed 2 bulging discs in my neck and the straightening of the spine with the poor posture.

My question is would the poor posture cause the bulging discs in my neck, I'm 26 so would seem very young for that.

I would be assuming the discs are the result of the crash as I never had any majors with the neck before hand other than tightness that would come from my trapezius muscles.

If I was to go forward with a personal injury, could a doctor say the bulging discs are as a result of the poor posture

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Honestly it really is a question for a doctor, at your age it's possible poor posture wouldn't be a main factor but there are so many variables no one here could say anything with any certainty, head to a gp and ask advice, maybe they may suggest a referral.. Sorry I can't be of more help - i have longstanding issues with my back though so i understand the frustration of it all. Hope things go well for you whatever way it plays out.

Advertisement