Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The oldest book I have

Options
  • 28-06-2017 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Was just browsing this site and it occurred to me that if I mentioned an old book I have, whether anyone would recognise it or indicate if it was of any value...

It is a book about school management, by Joyce. It's a hard-cover book given to me many years ago by my grandfather. It is in fairly good nick and judging by some of the references to class-room layout etc, it was probably printed in the early part of the last century. For example, he talks about keeping the clay floors of the class-room level, and the general tone of the book is very authoritarian, where the importance of perpetual employment of pupils is paramount etc.

Just curious... :)

Comments

Advertisement