Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depressed. Please help

Options
  • 28-06-2017 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everybody... my name is Catherine. I've just created an indie gogo in hopes of raising a little bit of money so I can see a therapist in Dublin. I'm 26, full time student. I'm very depressed and I need help. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
    <snip>

Thanks,
    Catherine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Full time student? My college had free counselling, you should see if yours does too

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭cocaliquid

did a search nothing found

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cathysays

cocaliquid wrote: »
    did a search nothing found

Here is the link (with spaces added before and after the www) they won't let me post URL's
    <snip>
    Thank you so much

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Full time student? My college had free counselling, you should see if yours does too

Thanks so much. I did look into councelling at my school but they don't offer intensive one on one therapy. They suggested I look into a certified therapist who specializes in Depression and Mental health issues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

I'm not sure I'm onboard with this tbh

You've given no real insight into yourself, your problems, your background, the reasons why you feel unwell etc, yet you want strangers to donate money?

This looks a little strange to me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Many places will forgo the charge or do a payment plan with you if you are on a low income. You don't need an indigogo. Shut down the indigogo and go see a professional, that should be your starting point.

Best of luck in getting well.

pone2012 wrote: »
    I'm not sure I'm onboard with this tbh

You've given no real insight into yourself, your problems, your background, the reasons why you feel unwell etc, yet you want strangers to donate money?

This looks a little strange to me...

I understand. I don't know how to do this, I've never done this before. I would probably be skeptical too. I don't even need or want money of someone could just help me. Therapy is so expensive but it's the only option I have left

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

While I fully sympathise with you and hope you get the treatment you require, I'm afraid that we don't permit Boards to be used for fundraising, so I've had to remove your links and close this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement