Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best network coverage in rural areas

Options
  • 27-06-2017 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi, What network has the best reception in rural areas. Valleys, Mountains, far seaside towns etc. for instances rural kerry,cork,clare,donegal.

TA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

How long is piece of string as it depends where u live. But I'd guess Vodafone and followed by meteor. Three and their sprogs usually have little or no reception in rural areas or just at certain points

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Driver is correct.

Nationally Vodafone would have the most geographic coverage but at the same time they'll have dead zones where meteor/eir wont and vice versa.

If you want to go balls to the wall get a dual sim handset with both networks, close to ubiquitous coverage that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

TheDriver wrote: »
    How long is piece of string as it depends where u live. But I'd guess Vodafone and followed by meteor. Three and their sprogs usually have little or no reception in rural areas or just at certain points

You need to distinguish between coverage and speed. You can have great coverage and no speed, likewise you can have poor signal but great speed.

Three have great rural coverage after the national broadband scheme but Threes network is overloaded as they resell to 48, ID, Virgin and Tesco. Meteor have terrible rural coverage as their masts are at the eir exchanges but if you have signal their speed are generally good. If you want the fastest network you need to go for the most expensive which is Vodafone as long as you have coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

Vodafone ! :-) Ireland's No1 Network for coverage & service

Visit :

Vodafone.ie/Network

For more info

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

VF coverage checker, take it with a pinch of salt.

https://n.vodafone.ie/network/coverage.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

I THOUGHT it was Vodafone and then I spent around three months and they’re all the same for coverage, see my thread about flavours of Fingal blackspot

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057756796

I’m going back to meteor basically because it’s E20 unlimited calls/texts/data, no worrying about what’s left etc

Advertisement