Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Srebrenica massacre and Netherland Judgement

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,195 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

This is a Netherlands court, so presumably their judgments and orders aren't routinely or officially translated into English. Here is the official website of the court.

There's an English-language academic legal education project, the Hague Justice Portal, which mostly focusess on the international courts and institutions located in the Hague, but also provides some coverage of Netherlands domestic legal issues of international relevance. They do provide unofficial English translations of some relevant decisions of the Netherlands courts, and in particular of the Hague Court of Appeal, and I wouldn't be surprised if this decision didn't turn up there sooner or later. But I have no idea what kind of timeframe what would be in. At a glance, the most recent translated judgment I see dates from 2010, so this may be something that they don't do on a systematic basis.

Note also that the Hague Court of Appeal is a regional court of appeal in the Netherlands system (one of five). A further appeal is possible to the Supreme Court of the Netherlands. I don't know what the time limit for giving notice of appeal is, or when any appeal might be heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Thanks Peregrinus, that was exceptionally helpful and generous of you to take the time posting and linking!

Advertisement