Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pilates for my mum Blackrock / Stillorgan Area

Options
  • 27-06-2017 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello!
    Hoping someone here can help me. My mum (66) is suffering from a bad knee. She's finding the knee sore and as a result, is exercising less, this is leading to weight gain and making the knee worse. So she's in a vicious cycle really.
    I wanted to find her a pilates instructor that could do one to one and would understand the issue. She's been to one already and the guy just didn't understand that she's suffering and was totally insensitive, treating her more like a lazy 20yr old girl.
    Can anyone recommend anywhere for her, please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Havent been there myself but my wife has been going to Reform pilates in Blackrock for the last few years and seems to find them fine.

she does group classes but they may do one to one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I have heard good things about Physio Extra in the Slievemore Clinic - they even do a class for people with bad backs so I imagine they would be tuned in to injuries generally. Have also heard Platinum Pilates recommended.
    http://www.physioextra.ie/

However, if your mother has a bad knee issue have you thought of physiotherapy? They may be best placed to prescribe rehab exercises (e.g. that strengthen the knee/leg as appropriate) that will help the specific issue. You may have been down this road already but I would definitely seek a second opinion physio-wise as they can be hit and miss and you may have just had a bad/unhelpful experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    Havent been there myself but my wife has been going to Reform pilates in Blackrock for the last few years and seems to find them fine.

she does group classes but they may do one to one.

+1 on Reform Pilates, my wife suffers from osteoporosis and recently had foot surgery, she finds the instructors excellent and very clued in to peoples individual problems.

Advertisement