Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPP - how easy it is to change the plans?

Options
  • 27-06-2017 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I am thinking to buy a site with FPP but I would prefer to change the design of the house - most plans I have seen are far too big for what I have in mind. Does anyone know if it is possible to downsize the existing plan without having to go thru another planning application process? The site I am considering is off the beaten path, and hidden from sight.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Does Local needs apply?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,227 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I am thinking to buy a site with FPP.

make sure there are no residency conditions in the planing permission
    Does anyone know if it is possible to downsize the existing plan without having to go thru another planning application process?

no its not, the changes you can make without permission are absolutely minimal and completely at the whim of whoever certifys compliance with planning permission.
    The site I am considering is off the beaten path, and hidden from sight.

that makes absolutely no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭degetme

Received full planning permission last January but most likely start build in summer/ autumn 18. I'm thinking of changing part of the rear of the house from the planning permission plans to let in more light. Another window and move patio doors. Would I have to go through planning again? Replies appricated

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

degetme wrote: »
    Received full planning permission last January but most likely start build in summer/ autumn 18. I'm thinking of changing part of the rear of the house from the planning permission plans to let in more light. Another window and move patio doors. Would I have to go through planning again? Replies appricated

Possibly not, if to the rear. But confirm with your certifier and bear in mind Part L compliance and % of windows etc

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭degetme

kceire wrote: »

Possibly not, if to the rear. But confirm with your certifier and bear in mind Part L compliance and % of windows etc

All new to this so I might ask something foolish but is will my certifer be the professional who helped me get planning? He was is a civil and structural engineer. If so do I have to stick with him? Could i hire some other professional that could change drawings without new planning application?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

All new to this so I might ask something foolish but is will my certifer be the professional who helped me get planning? He was is a civil and structural engineer. If so do I have to stick with him? Could i hire some other professional that could change drawings without new planning application?

Your Certifier will be whoever to engage/hire/pay to produce construction drawings and supervise the works and sign off at completion.

This can be the guy that done planning assuming he/she is qualified/carries PI Insurance and meets the bank criteria for sign off.

Most likely the person will be an Engineer / Architect or Building Surveyor.

For example, here is the wording at the bottom of my stage payment cert that I signed this week with Ulster Bank.
    a) Persons with a degree or diploma of degree standard in Architecture.

b) Persons who have been in practice as Architects on their own account for ten years. This would include persons certified by or included on a list prepared by the Minister for the Environment as persons who in the Minister’s own opinion are appropriately qualified. Please provide a letter of Confirmation.

c) Chartered Engineers.

d) Persons with a degree in civil Engineering.

e) Persons who have been in practice on their own account as Engineers in the construction industry for ten years.
    (Please attach a letter confirming details of this)

f) Qualified Building Surveyors.

g) Persons from another jurisdiction in the European Union whose qualification is entitled to recognition in Ireland under the Architect’s directive.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭RORY O CONNOR

If you change the design during the build you may have to go for retention permission of the alterations if they visibly differ from what was granted in the planning.

Advertisement