Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is a personal blog that overlaps with work/college a good idea?

Options
  • 26-06-2017 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

I want to start a blog to document my final year of computer science in college. I would also like to write personal stuff.

So what I would write about is

Web and Software development trends a day stuff I've learned.
    Documening any non minor events that happen in the upcoming college year such as final year product progress, thoughts on classes/exams ect
    Anything personal such as a reflection on a event that happened.

Would people tend to find this interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

A lot of people start their blog along these lines. I still read a lot of technical blogs linked to my area of work.

I think it's a great idea as it will help you focus on what you've learned. I think your biggest challenge might be to think about your audience, what they look like, and what you want to tell them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

As with anything that mixes work and personal life you need to be careful about messages. Your blog will be found by potential employers if you use your full name anywhere- now that's a good thing, it shows interest and enthusiasm but if you then include anything too personal it gets messy. Not necessarily a bad thing, just something to be aware of.

Advertisement