Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIM-only deal for emergency phone

Options
  • 26-06-2017 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

I have a redundant phone that I want to keep in the car for use in emergencies when I forget my own phone, or it's run out of juice, or been mislaid.

This means it could go for long periods turned off and unused, so I don't want a plan which cuts it dead too quickly, or one which requires topping up every month. I don't mind losing (say) €5–10 credit every six months or so if that's what it takes to have it there and working when needed.

Does any provider sell a SIM which can be used this way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This has been well covered in previous threads in this subforum, have a dig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Vodafone 5 euro top up every 6 months (5 euro top up only available online)
    After 8 months the number will be deactivated
    SIM costs 10 euro (free if you port your current number), I think there is an offer of 'up to' 10 euro credit included, my guess is you would have to top up by a set minimum for a few consecutive months to get the 'bonus' credit.

Meteor 5 euro top up every 5 months
    After 6 months the number will be deactivated
    SIM is free

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭frisket

ED E wrote: »
    This has been well covered in previous threads in this subforum, have a dig.

Unfortunately searching for 'sim' and 'emergency' and 'phone' doesn't return anything at all that matches what I am looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭frisket

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Vodafone 5 euro top up every 6 months (5 euro top up only available online)
    After 8 months the number will be deactivated
    SIM costs 10 euro (free if you port your current number), I think there is an offer of 'up to' 10 euro credit included, my guess is you would have to top up by a set minimum for a few consecutive months to get the 'bonus' credit.

Meteor 5 euro top up every 5 months
    After 6 months the number will be deactivated
    SIM is free

Thank you very much.

Advertisement