Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find pro bono designers ?

Options
  • 26-06-2017 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Does anybody know where one can find designers who might design a website for a charity ? Content would be the same, it's not mobile friendly so that needs to be updated.

We are a very small charity, who do good work, I have been involved for with this charity for 8 years and my role is 100% voluntary. Year and a half ago, we took on a part time admin as I was rather ill and they are the only paid member of staff.

Our budget is from private fundraising efforts and we don't have the funds to upgrade the site at the moment but its very dated. Sometimes we have to respond quickly to new service users to the charity, funding always goes back out to helping those who reach out to us. Hence, the hope someone might help us out.
    Thanks for reading, hope its ok to post mod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Post a link to your current website and upload a doc with your requirements - these will better help any interested designers decide whether to offer their services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I'd be willing to create a website for free, if I can use it to start my portfolio.

PM me if interested.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 AndreWebDev

Sent a PM.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 AndreWebDev

Are you interested in a site? I messaged you 3 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fear corcaigh

Give me a PM if your still stuck

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 bapraster

I recommend to use ready solution with CMS like Joomla or Wordpress and Wordpress is good as you can build a website on their server for free and add your content without extra hosting and domain costs, there is plenty youtube tutorials how to do it and I believe you'll be able to do it as if you are asking designer for free service there is big possibility that you'll never get professional one. Especially if you expect custom functionality there may be hard to get it 100% working well.

Advertisement