Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for some info on this table

Options
  • 26-06-2017 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭

Can anyone shed any light on this table or is it just a run of a mill side table

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

It's certainly an interesting looking piece and would clean up nicely. All I can suggest is that you phone and email pics to your local auctioneers and see what they think. Certainly contact James Adams anyway and they will put you straight fairly quickly. More auctioneers than you could shake a stick at here: https://collectireland.com/auctions-2/

I wouldn't be in any hurry to sell to a dealer until you establish its credentials.

Incidentally, I hope it's only outside by the wheelie bin for the photograph.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

Late 19th century/early 1900s,English and appears to be oak in need of restoration.
    Auctioneers aren't really interested in that sort of "brown" furniture..ive seen the same table at the market in east wall. However I personally like it so send me a PM if you're interested in selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Odelay

It's oak and not in great demand. Is that a makers plate inside the LHS of the drawer? What does it say?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭cubix

Thanks everyone,

Del Monte: Only outside while clearing out:D
    Odelay:Thought that myself, its only a sticker for the local cab firm

Advertisement