Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visonic Powermax Express SMS self monitoring setup

Options
  • 26-06-2017 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anybody know how to set up the SMS self monitoring for a Visonic Powermax Express?
    I have the Installer code, when through the Menu's, have credit in the SIM, I can turn on and off the Alarm from my phone with SMS texting, but i am unable to receive status reports if i send the SMS to the alarm requesting a status report from it.

It use to work and was monitored by a monitoring station.

Any help would be great.

thanks
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

robclay26 wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anybody know how to set up the SMS self monitoring for a Visonic Powermax Express?
    I have the Installer code, when through the Menu's, have credit in the SIM, I can turn on and off the Alarm from my phone with SMS texting, but i am unable to receive status reports if i send the SMS to the alarm requesting a status report from it.

It use to work and was monitored by a monitoring station.

Any help would be great.

thanks
    Rob

Do you receive alarm activations from the alarm?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭robclay26

Hi Altor

Thank you for your reply, I just tested the alarm by activating it and setting it off, I got no SMS message. The error light is illuminated on the panel, and ii do have credit.

Thanks

Hi Altor

Thank you for your reply, I just tested the alarm by activating it and setting it off, I got no SMS message. The error light is illuminated on the panel, and ii do have credit.

Thanks

You may need to set up the private report.
    Select All - open/close, then try again.

ok, will try,
    Do i need to enter the SIM Card phone number of the sim in the alarm into the menu anywhere too?

ok, will try,
    Do i need to enter the SIM Card phone number of the sim in the alarm into the menu anywhere too?

No, the only number you will be entering is the number your receiving the texts too.

• Advertisement

Thanks,
    Got it sorted I think. light has gone out and am getting SMS messages to my phone

Which option sends the SMS to the phone to alert me if alarm is set off by intruder?

op/CL
    Alerts
    All
    All (-op/cl)
    All ( - Alerts)
    Alarms
    Disable Reports

I don't want a sms everytime i arm, disarmed i if you understand?

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

All (-op/cl) is the best.
    All except Open Close (Arm/DisArm)

If you purely want alarms select alarms. But alerts are handy for faults etc

Thanks,
    Got it sorted I think. light has gone out and am getting SMS messages to my phone

Which option sends the SMS to the phone to alert me if alarm is set off by intruder?

op/CL
    Alerts
    All
    All (-op/cl)
    All ( - Alerts)
    Alarms
    Disable Reports

I don't want a sms everytime i arm, disarmed i if you understand?

Thanks

Brilliant, glad its sorted.

Select All - open/close

Thanks a million to both of yee! Owe ye's a Pint for your help!

An installer let me down many many times promising to fix it for me.

very grateful.

very grateful.

You're welcome, always handy to have the engineer code off your system in any case.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

very grateful.

There are so many installers afraid of those systems. They are easy once you understand the terminology .
    Glad your all up to speed again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pawp

How did you get the installer code and how are things working out for you @robclay26 ?

I'm paying €299 per year for monitoring but as I learned while I was away on holiday, they don't do much if the alarm goes off.

I'm considering self monitoring and saving money but I think I'd need the installer code but don't have it.

Advertisement