Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEDROOM SOUND INSULATION - ELEVATOR

Options
  • 26-06-2017 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am trying to insulate my bedroom from noise only coming from the comunal elevator (very busy as more than a 100 units in the building). The noise is constant (while the lift is in operation) and is likely to come from the engine room and cables. The elevator is located adjacent to the living room but noise seems to propagate to all the parts of the apt evenly (so possibly propagates through the ceiling). I am prepared for major renovations but would like to know best way for a significant noise reduction.
    Any advice welcome particularly is somebody had the same issue and benefit from a good job. Thanks

Advertisement