Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on router and antenna

Options
  • 26-06-2017 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi all, Thanks for everyone for the super advice.

I am going to try and get good 4g LTE signal from three using an antenna and router.

I have seen this antenna (https://www.amazon.de/Antenne-Kabel-ATK-LOG-LTE800-LTE1800/dp/B00DJ29HEG) being mention (hes on holiday now unfortunately and cant buy for another 2 weeks) and also router Huawei E5186s-22a. Its a bit pricey (180e min) for my home needs where my speeds wont go above 20meg up and down. Is there any other lower priced level router people can recommend? And also maybe an antenna for 4g LTE from 3.:pac: Thanks all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The E5186s is the luxury option, if your needs are lesser then you can drop down one step to the B593 on Ebay (make sure you get a sub version that supports 800/1800 LTE).

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Beenlost123

ED E wrote: »
    The E5186s is the luxury option, if your needs are lesser then you can drop down one step to the B593 on Ebay (make sure you get a sub version that supports 800/1800 LTE).

Thanks for the tip.. Yeah, no need for that version for my needs. Thanks again!

Advertisement