Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ashbourne International Tournament- July 4th- 8th

Options
  • 26-06-2017 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all,

Ashbourne International Tournament is on again this year from the 4th- 9th July, with games running until about 8/pm each evening, so plenty of time to get there after work!

Details on the poster attached, location is directly behind Ashbourne Community Centre.

( And yes, we have beer :) )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Might try a pop along one of the evenings. I'm only about 20 minutes away after work.

Who are the 'President's 9' by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Emerg

The 'P9' are a Selection of players mostly from the Irish A League, normally selected by the Baseball Ireland President.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Just back from watching the Netherlands v Ireland. Very enjoyable.

To be honest I didn't know what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised with the standard, especially the pitching speed. And although I think he made a couple of errors later on, the Irish shortstop made a couple of great plays and there was some arm on the Dutch centerfielder who threw out 2 guys at the plate (at least I think it was the same guy both times but either way they were great throws).

I do think there was a bit of home team umpiring going on though. I thought a couple of decisions in the 9th and 11th when the Irish were down by a run were a bit dodgy!

Impressed with the facilities out there too. I'd love to catch another game in this tournament but unfortunately I won't be able to make it out again.

Advertisement