Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games for a 4yr old

Options
  • 26-06-2017 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Given the week thats in it I am looking for suggestions for starter games for my 4yr old. Looking for something that gives him a chance to get used to the controls.

He will be using the steam controller as I have a link setup in the living room. I picked up a second controller in gamestop yesterday so we could play some co-op games.

Appreciate any suggestions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭jrby

get him outside playing football

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

jrby wrote: »
    get him outside playing football

Don't be so bloody judgemental, how do you know he isn't out playing football for half the day? The OP never once said that they would be play games for 8 hours a day with no outdoor activities.

I used to play Burnout Paradise with my young lad sitting next to me holding a controller with no batteries in it. I used to tell him he was doing all the driving/crashing and he loved it. We have a great pic of him holding the controller upside down with an intense look of concentration on his face. :)

The Lego games are very accessible to any age group, they'll give him characters he can immediately identify with and they're great fun for co-op. I'd start with one of them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Minecraft, they'll soon get the hang of the controls and enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Minecraft, they'll soon get the hang of the controls and enjoy it.
    Yep +1 for minecraft, trust us he will love it

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Thanks for the suggestions.

The lego ones look like a good call. I never played minecraft myself but its obviously very popular. We can learn together!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I agree with Minecraft but it isn't very controller friendly on the PC and you can't play local co-op either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

OP I started a similar thread a while back for a 6 year old it may give you a few ideas

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057725636

Advertisement