Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning buying a new phone - asking 4 ideas.

Options
  • 26-06-2017 3:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hello there, girls and boys!

I'm looking to buy a new mobile phone and i just cannot decide on what to buy.

I'll expand in here what I'm looking for and hope that you guys can narrow my searching.

- price: 0-450/500 euros
    - unlocked sim
    - good or very good camera (I like mobile photography a lot!)
    - good processor (to handle various photography apps)
    - not into iPhones so an Android would be my liking
    - something slim and not very big

I was looking for a while at Sony Xperia Z ULTRA, as one of my friends has one, and outdoor photos can be cracking, but lacks of quality indoors. Also, I'm a big fan of Samsung's phones...if that would be any good in giving your recommendation.

Thank you in advance for your advice!

P.S.: If you can post links to some descriptions, would highly appreciate. ^_^

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭914

The Z ultra is fairly old at this stage, think that was released in 2013.

I am in the market myself and have similiar requirements.

The LG g5's camera looks great but I have read it suffers from bootloop problems.

Other phones which I am looking at are the xiaomi Mi6 (great price for the specs), moto x force (camera seems to hold its own against iphone 6), and the oneplus 3t.

Have a look at reviews on them and see if they tickle your fancy.

Had a xperia 1 myself and the camera was a let down, suffered from flash bleed and in low light/indoors it's pretty poor, got some great outdoor shots but it was a let down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

My housemate just got the iPhone 5SE with Virgin Media

I know you're not into iPhones but they do Sony and Xperia too.

I think it's interesting because they gave him an unlocked phone that he pays €20 a month for 24 months.

On top of that he gets his unlimited plan for €25 a month plus €10 per month discount for 6 months.

He wanted the SE and phone was cheaper to buy from them than any other retailer with no upfront fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

You have 450 quid. You Can Easily get a S7 Edge for that Price. Or you could get yourself Something still excellent with a bit of change, like ZTE Axon 7 or LG G6.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 AlexIRL

Thank you, guys, for your replies.

I've been yesterday in some shops in my area and decided to go with the Sony Xperia XZ. Happy out with this phone for the first 24 hours. Read and viewed some reviews online and most of them are positive. As every phone nowadays, has some downs but I can go over them. Let's just hope will do the job that I want it to do.

Again, thanks for your time to reply to this topic.

Topic may be closed. Thank you, Admin. ^_^

Advertisement