Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing and Heating - Leave Old GB Pipes and OFCH

Options
  • 25-06-2017 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi All.

Wanted some suggestions as I am a first time buyer with no experience in this plumbing .
    We will be hopefully moving in to our new house in August and there I wanted the house re-plumbed ie remove GB pipes and change from Oil to GFCH .The house in over 30 yrs old

I had the house inspected by a plumber recently and he was of the opinion that removing the GB pipes can be an issue in ground floor where we have a concrete base in some rooms on the Ground. He also felt that although the pipes should be removed , it would be better to inspect if the pipes should be removed entirely .
    An option which he recommends is to leave the latent GB pipes in some of the areas where they can be hard to remove and lay new pipework . I dont have the details but I suspect that this would need laying pipes the roof and chasing in some of the walls .
    My question are
    - Should some of the latent mesh of GB pipes be left . I would have like to ideally get this work done at this stage .Its better to have them replaced now rather than have problems in 5/10 yrs .
    -Whats the best way to check the existing pipes and seal any potential leakages
    Many thanks for any suggestions
    Raul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

If you are planning on doing it, then do it right, get it all replaced.

Advertisement