Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Data Donabate

Options
  • 25-06-2017 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭

At The Flavors of Fingal in Newbridge House today and went from E to no data,pages wouldn't load etc

Is this normal??

I went to Vodafone thinking their the best network, wont get black spots(especially not in Dublin)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭GIMP

Coincidentally I was there today too, I am with Meteor and their network was lousy too, nearly impossible to make calls, multiple attempts and data was very slow too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

GIMP wrote:
    Coincidentally I was there today too, I am with Meteor and their network was lousy too, nearly impossible to make calls, multiple attempts and data was very slow too.

Funny herself not being tech minded said maybe it's because of all the people here trying to use it. Maybe she was right

Great time for Virgin etc to blitz the event with free Wi-Fi, vans ,advertising etc. Works out, people think about using them going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sectors facing west from the center of Donabate, normal load maybe 100 UEs, load today? Im guessing several hundred?

Try visiting Bray next weekend, then during the airshow. Totally normal.

ED E wrote:
    Try visiting Bray next weekend, then during the airshow. Totally normal.

I did last year and don't remember these issues,not sure on network,maybe virgin media

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Newbridge house is in a bit of a blackspot for phone coverage. It is just at the edge of range for the cells in Donabate itself, for data. Call and SMS service should have been alright though.

Fingal Co Co did request signal boosters for the event, to deal with volume, but the operators said that because there was almost no data coverage there already, a booster wouldn't be of much use, without further infrastructure.

So, combine that with the volume of people, it meant that there was almost no data service in the park. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

jeffk wrote: »
    I did last year and don't remember these issues,not sure on network,maybe virgin media

Last year on Three it was impossible to make calls. At least at the centre of the seafront.

ED E wrote: »
    Last year on Three it was impossible to make calls. At least at the centre of the seafront.

Some people dont use a phone as a phone anymore ;)

Advertisement