Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Needed - New Work Covering Removed Indian Ink

Options
  • 25-06-2017 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Hi all

I'm looking for any advice or tips on getting a new tattoo. I have recently finished getting laser treatment done on some Indian ink that I had on my right fore arm and right top arm/shoulder. It is a very faint ghost image now (see attached image) and I want to get something new here.

I have two concerns at the moment.
    One is the concept. Trying to come up with a design idea is difficult. I know some people advise to google for other pieces of work for ideas and also to think about something that best describes you but I have done this for other tattoos that I have and I'm running out of ideas.

Does anybody have any detailed advice or experience on how to come up with something?

As for my second concern, I am looking for something in the style of realism. Artists that I have discussed this with, who also suggest that I come up with a concept that best describes something about me then always say the only way to go is a full sleeve. The thing is I'm not sure that I wont a full sleeve so I'm wondering if there is some sort of compromise on this.

Any help or advice with this would be great. I've been trying to come up with a concept for quite a while now and I would really like to get started on this.

I've attached an image (not great) that highlights what remains of the Indian ink after removal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Looks almost gone, with little to no scarring, so you're in a good position to start fresh with.

As to advising what you should get done, no-one can really do that for you, it's something you'll have to decide for yourself. I found the "something that describes me" good for my first tattoos, but after that I just started going for things I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Gerb68

Thanks for the reply Star Lord. Yes, it just a very faint ghost image now.

I know that the tattoo is something that only I can decide on but my reason for posting here was not to seek an actual concept or a suggestion of what to get done.

What I am looking for is tips or pointers if possible from others on what they have done to get a concept or an idea started i.e. what did they reference or research for example.

Advertisement