Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you kill Bixby? Permanently... Galaxy S8

Options
  • 25-06-2017 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

The worst feature of the Samsung Galaxy 8 is Bixby. The worst part of the scam is the Bixby button.... one accidentally pushes on it eg in the dark, and it pops up rubbish options.

The people behind Samsung G8 and Android 7 need to be hung, drawn and quartered and burned in 2000C flames for all the crap they have devised - to spam the user with zillions of useless buttons and get in your way pop-up screens.

A nasty combination of dumb Koreans and Google spyware in an over-priced phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

Impetus wrote: »
    The worst feature of the Samsung Galaxy 8 is Bixby. The worst part of the scam is the Bixby button.... one accidentally pushes on it eg in the dark, and it pops up rubbish options.

The people behind Samsung G8 and Android 7 need to be hung, drawn and quartered and burned in 2000C flames for all the crap they have devised - to spam the user with zillions of useless buttons and get in your way pop-up screens.

A nasty combination of dumb Koreans and Google spyware in an over-priced phone.

Seen this yesterday. Might be worth a go?

https://thenextweb.com/apps/2017/06/23/samsung-bixby-galaxy-s8-google-assistant/#.tnw_XoNm91RT

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Some days I wonder how you go on living Impetus....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Impetus

statto25 wrote: »

Thanks for the link. One is obviously not alone in hating this button. It could be a programmable button for your favourite function. If you like Bixby leave it as it is. If you don't re-assign the Bixby button to a function that is useful to the phone owner.

ED E wrote: »
    Some days I wonder how you go on living Impetus....

Well I don't live in 'put up with anything except water charges Ireland'. The quality of products and services is much better in fastidious countries where people complain and feedback extensively - eg France, Switzerland, Germany. Economies that don't have to live off FDI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Should've bought a OnePlus 5

• Advertisement

According to Ron Amadeo on Ars (the Germanic name equivalent of his name is Amadeus - 'lover of God'), The Bixby *astard has now arrived in the US. Up to now it has only been available in Europe and Korea. And up to now, Americans could re-configure the Bixby key to anything they liked, but not Bixby.

I have a few Samsung TVs in various places, and as the software updates, bugs appear. ie the product becomes at variance with the product one buys. In breach of the "Sale of Goods act 1893, as amended". Rather than an improved product as one would expect from an update of firmware.

I have Samsung air con in an apartment, (rented) on the mainland, and I arrived in the apartment 2h ago, and it is still 29C inside. I have Daikin air con in a house in Cork and I can dial the temp up from 17C to 30C winter or summer - with no noise or crap. It costs more than Samsung, but it does the work. And my fuel bills are minuscule. It has been warm in Cork over the past week or so, and my energy consumption was around 100w per day - chilling the temp to 19C (from 25C outside). In the middle of winter, one can arrive at Cork, switch on the A/C in the bedroom to 29C, wash one's teeth, and by the time one arrives back in the bedroom it will be 27C+. For a few hundred watts of power - thanks to heat exchanger technology done right.

The Daikin air con gets rid of Irish damp air, and I let it run occasionally from time to time to keep the house away from Irish damp-land while I am not there. I can control it via the internet / mobile app.

I wish Daikin went into the mobile phone market. The company has a level of product quality far in excess of Samsung or Apple & Co.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/07/after-3-months-samsungs-bixby-voice-assistant-finally-launches-in-the-us/

Advertisement