Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salary Review

Options
  • 25-06-2017 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

Currently going through salary review at work and am wondering if what I'm being given is in line with current market rates.

Small bit of history. I've 7 years experience working as an Accounts Administrator (AP primarily) and have recently completed my ACCA exams (completed in 18 months) and am working through the Experience log at the moment, therefore am an Affiliate for now.

Am in my current role for over 3 years (AP Administrator). Started on 25k (with benefits) with an increase every year based on percentage (between 2 and 5%). Now, I'm taking on a lot more work in addition to my core role as AP, such as Fixed Asset Management, monthly and quarterly analysis of the financial statements, assisting in preparation of reports for review, CSO survey and Revenue returns. Still haven't touched much on budgeting or inventory.

In my current pay review, they're giving me just over 30k along with perm. health insurance and PRSA (which were always part of the package). We used have a share scheme but lost that after the corporation was taken over. No bonus scheme in place - only for the senior managers. I'm only being given this because all exams are passed, otherwise would be looking at between 27 and 28k.

Is what I'm getting in line with what a part-qualified accountant gets or am I being underpaid? The company is situated in the Mid-West? I'm going to confront senior management about this tomorrow but want to have the correct facts with me.

Appreciate any relevant feedback on this.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭frankythefish

Recently qualified Cpa earning mid 40's in central Dublin, which is in itself certainly not the ceiling for one who is newly qualified. I hope you can get them to go higher, although one has to be careful with negotiation
    LPI wrote: »
    Hi,

Currently going through salary review at work and am wondering if what I'm being given is in line with current market rates.

Small bit of history. I've 7 years experience working as an Accounts Administrator (AP primarily) and have recently completed my ACCA exams (completed in 18 months) and am working through the Experience log at the moment, therefore am an Affiliate for now.

Am in my current role for over 3 years (AP Administrator). Started on 25k (with benefits) with an increase every year based on percentage (between 2 and 5%). Now, I'm taking on a lot more work in addition to my core role as AP, such as Fixed Asset Management, monthly and quarterly analysis of the financial statements, assisting in preparation of reports for review, CSO survey and Revenue returns. Still haven't touched much on budgeting or inventory.

In my current pay review, they're giving me just over 30k along with perm. health insurance and PRSA (which were always part of the package). We used have a share scheme but lost that after the corporation was taken over. No bonus scheme in place - only for the senior managers. I'm only being given this because all exams are passed, otherwise would be looking at between 27 and 28k.

Is what I'm getting in line with what a part-qualified accountant gets or am I being underpaid? The company is situated in the Mid-West? I'm going to confront senior management about this tomorrow but want to have the correct facts with me.

Appreciate any relevant feedback on this.

Thanks.

Advertisement