Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noisy effects pedal power supply

Options
  • 24-06-2017 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

I'm running four linked effect pedals from one power supply, which recently died after a few years. I just bought a purpose-built PS to replace it, but on plugging in, it giving out a shrill whine (like a bee!) which varies depending on which pedals are on. This is a no-noise power supply, built especially for pedals apparently. Anything I can do to sort it before I send it back? Feel free to suggest a better section to post this if there is one btw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

tony glenn wrote: »
    I'm running four linked effect pedals from one power supply, which recently died after a few years. I just bought a purpose-built PS to replace it, but on plugging in, it giving out a shrill whine (like a bee!) which varies depending on which pedals are on. This is a no-noise power supply, built especially for pedals apparently. Anything I can do to sort it before I send it back? Feel free to suggest a better section to post this if there is one btw.
    Sorted. I used the daisy chain that came with the PS, that cured the buzz....must have a built-in suppressor of some sort ,😎

Advertisement