Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning! Blacklogic/VPNLand Lifetime subscription canceled after 2 years.

Options
  • 23-06-2017 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,169 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, moderators please move to appropriate location.

I got a deal on Blaclogic(Now VPNLand) two years ago for about $47.50 for lifetime. Ordered through a third party website.

So anyone else looking at this provider (beware) or using them, check your account.

Now have to find an alternative VPN solution, can anyone recommend some?
    IMPORTANT!

Effective June 22, 2017 ALL Lifetime VPN accounts purchased through third party websites (i.e. not purchased from us directly) are converted to full Premium VPN subscriptions and recurring invoices are issued. A cancellation request can be submitted through the Customer Portal.
    We are not going to issue any refund under any circumstances. We still pay for our infrastructure, salaries to our techs and additional recurring expenses.
    All threats and arguments will be discarded. We are open to discuss a discounted renewal recurring rates. Please email us to: support@blacklogic.com. Thank you for understanding.

VPNLand Inc.

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Edit:- Ordered from MacTrast Deals (as the third party website).

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Comments

Lifetime subscriptions to any service will always end up with the end user getting burnt. Lucky you got as long as you did out of it I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Lifetime subscriptions to any service will always end up with the end user getting burnt. Lucky you got as long as you did out of it I'd say

Completely agree. Works out €20 a year. Can't really grumble in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Why anyone would order a lifetime subscription to anything is beyond me.

There are tons of disaster movies showing the end of the world is nigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I don't use a vpn myself but cactusvpn seems to be well reviewed. Maybe have a look into it and see does it suit your needs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

My lifetime supply of dodo didn't go down too well. It seemed like a great deal at the time. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

So good I thanked it twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Thanks op, bought 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,169 ✭✭✭corkie

Impulse buy 2 years ago, which I thought was too good to be true. Didn't even share the bargain then.

Mactrast have other offers for lifetime subscriptions. They seem to link to sites that are themed to the site the linked them. Other sites use the same webpages. Example 1, Example 2 ----> Same service different site promoting it. Mactrast also has 10% discount code in the email.

Other service's where also advertised to me, through the email.

Not going to be fooled again.

Not moaning about the fact I got two years out of the service.

Posting the OP, more as a warning to anyone using the service. Luckily I read the email about an invoice and was able to cancel out of the service.

Have it to the end of the month! I paid by an expired O2 Money Card, so they would not have been able to bill me the Yearly $100 subscription.

Now to look for alternative provider, or even go back to free providers, for my questionable download habit's, so not to trigger warnings from my ISP.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Thanks for the warning corkie.

I highly recommend Nord VPN.
    Certainly not the cheapest but an outstanding service.
    Their 24 month deal is excellent value @ $79.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

OP
    If you paid by credit card, you have a chance of getting your money back.
    The only problem may be the length of time since you paid.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    OP
    If you paid by credit card, you have a chance of getting your money back.
    The only problem may be the length of time since you paid.

Not worth the hassle to try and claim the money back.
    It was on an long expired O2 Money Card (Now 3 Money Card).
    No longer have access to records of that card. The only way I was able to quote the amount I paid was an email order from MacTrast.

Seems I used Paypal at the time as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

The tone of their email is somewhat strange, as if they know people won't like it.

TheDriver wrote: »
    The tone of their email is somewhat strange, as if they know people won't like it.

That was not sent by email, but as a notice on there site. That I found when going to query why I was been invoiced for a yearly amount, when I had a lifetime subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

i contact mactrast for a refund, use that to pay for whatever you go for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭embraer170

That is a shocking communication regardless of the background. They themselves chose to offer lifetime subscriptions through 3rd parties.

Companies get away with things consumers never do. Imagine if I told Three I wanted out after 6 months of a 2 year contract.

I didn't even know about the VPN deal but consumers need to be protected against such sharks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I do not even think that was 3rd party they just used the platform.
    https://twitter.com/blacklogic_vpn?lang=en
    https://www.facebook.com/blacklogic.vpn/
    By advertising it on their official social networking accounts, surely it implies that they are promoting/selling it themselves, and not a 3rd party?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved from bargain alerts to Nets & comms

phill106 wrote: »
    i contact mactrast for a refund, use that to pay for whatever you go for now.

I submit a support ticket, on Mactrast(/stackcommerce.com), just to make them aware of what has happened. Will have to wait till office hours on Monday for a reply.

I don't hold much hope of getting a refund at this stage, because them products/offers have a no refund policy.

Just to follow up this post.

MacTrast sent me an email with which they added $25 store credit to my account (valid for six months).

I might consider another lifetime subscription with another provider to use up the credit. I have until the end of the month to decide, because I took out a months free trial with "Perfect Privacy". There expensive so won't be using them.

• Advertisement

Just a follow up to this post, got a lifetime subscription ($49.99) of windscribe today.
    Lifetime is 10 years, and then you need to request an extension.

Used up my Mactrast credit, so only spent €22.55.

Subscription offer is only valid for 1 more day, won't share link, but you can find the offer on a few places, mactrast or stacksocial for examples.

It probably will be re-offered again, but didn't want to risk losing the chance of it.

If i get a year out of it, I'll be happy and any longer considered a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

They have removed their posts on twitter and Facebook to show the lifetime promotions (Under both  names) and they have also removed the "Lifetime Licence Cancelled" page from their site.
    https://www.vpnland.com/lifetime-vpn-is-cancelled/

Suckit wrote: »
    They have removed their posts on twitter and Facebook to show the lifetime promotions (Under both  names) and they have also removed the "Lifetime Licence Cancelled" page from their site.
    https://www.vpnland.com/lifetime-vpn-is-cancelled/

Notice is still under the member zone, I wonder how many people got caught paying the yearly subscription.

Advertisement