Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dissertation Distress! Please help!

Options
  • 23-06-2017 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all,

I am a trinity postgraduate student and now on my dissertation phase. Since I came back to Ireland after my trip, i felt suffocated on my paper. Not secure an offer, deadline approaches, and above all my survey does not progress as predicted. I am feeling so down.

So my paper is about a comparative analysis between Ireland and China about Corporate Social Responsibility. The problem is i have gathered sufficient data from CHina and now only Ireland to go. As an international student, I have already exhausted all my Irish classmates and friends.

Today I tried Grafton street...I prepared everything: dressed up carefully, bought some candies and exercised my questions... Unfortunately, I only received 3 valid responses... , mainly because I am shy and not brave and do not feel comfortable talking to strangers...

Please anyone has any idea where should I go to and in which way you guys suggest I approach Irish people so they will feel comfortable?

Finally, if anyone has two free minutes, my survey link is
    Ooops Boards won't let me post my survey link.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Zoinks

Coming from someone who has a PhD to submit in September, and remains reasonably confident that it can be done, relax! :)

Firstly, always talk these things over with your supervisor.

Secondly, can you delegate the responsibility of surveying to someone more comfortable in the role, like a friend?

Presumably you already did the same in China though, and it worked out ok?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

lena.allez wrote: »

Finally, if anyone has two free minutes, my survey link is
    Ooops Boards won't let me post my survey link.....
    You need a minimum number of posts before being allowed to post links

However if you do post a link to a survey you could expect a site ban, so please do not do so - this is a discussion site and not somewhere to garner responses to surveys

Any questions, please PM me

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lena.allez

Thanks!! I will keep in mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,234 ✭✭✭✭endacl

*ahem*

I'll just leave this here...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1250

;)

Thanks Zoinks for the advice. I will try to sort things out! Good luck with your PHD book (considering it is quite sizable :P)

As for samples in China, i delegated the responsibility to roughly 10 friends and it worked. I got 226 responses in total.

The problem is I do not have many close Irish friends who could help with this. I presume it is not good to ask this favor if we are not close.
    My supervisor told me to push for 200 samples and try every social media... Tho it did not work very well....

I will try to reach out to my college clubs for help as well.

• Advertisement

endacl wrote: »
    *ahem*

I'll just leave this here...

;)

Looks like my account has to be 3 months old to post a survey in that category. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭ella23

Just sent you a PM there Lena

ella23 wrote: »
    Just sent you a PM there Lena

Thanks <snip>ella23 You make my day :D

Advertisement