Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data Roaming on 48

Options
  • 23-06-2017 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

Has anyone recent experience of roaming in EU with the Guido €10- membership. Does data work automatically? do you have to fiddle with settings?
    I'm with Lyca where roaming usually means plenty of fiddling.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

If I recall correctly, 48 no longer offer roaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

They do on the Guido plan in EU and all plans outside EU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 donalmoore

Myself and two other family members have 48 and were looking forward to roaming data in Spain for the last two weeks, but no joy and no solution. the problem with 48 is the lack of support or advice so basically had no data for any of us for the two weeks, bar wifi of course. Dont depend on Tweakker to help you out either, as far as I can tell after 20 attempts for the 3 phones it doesnt send anything, either in Spain or in Ireland. I'd stick with Lyca if others have better experience than mine. Thinking of switching to them myself

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pms7

Friend has it working on iPhone. In Spain with S5, got it working for 5 seconds, then the apns change. When I change back to 48 one not work. Got reply from support but nothing new in it. Very frustrating, trying constantly last few days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 donalmoore

agree re frustration, 48 need to get their act together -what's up with that tweakker crap that doesnt send on the details?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pjq

pjq wrote: »
    Has anyone recent experience of roaming in EU with the Guido €10- membership. Does data work automatically? do you have to fiddle with settings?
    I'm with Lyca where roaming usually means plenty of fiddling.

I got my SIM and , it worked in London and Vilnius, In Latvia and Estonia it seemed to work outside the capital cities but no phone or data in Riga or Tallinn, also did not work in Helsinki. 48 help forum has many posts from people with difficulties for data roaming in Southern EU.
    PJQ

Advertisement