Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed loader

Options
  • 22-06-2017 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a speed loader for a beretta 87T if anyone knows where I can get one please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

I'm looking for a speed loader for a beretta 87T if anyone can help me out please

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Captainaxiom

Worst mags in the world to load.

Hence the question!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭dquirke1

Can't help you I'm afraid but I'd love to hear if anyone has a solution...

Think there could be some demand for them around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭IIIAcHmEdIII

I might be able to 3D print one for you if you're interested in that? I'd need to look into it a bit more before I can say for sure though but from my quick google search, it seems like it's doable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Put me down for an 87T speed loader if you are doing one & there would be a big demand for Ruger pistol mag loaders aswell :)

Put me down for an 87T speed loader if you are doing one & there would be a big demand for Ruger pistol mag loaders aswell :)

I'll give it a go modeling these up later on today and should have a few pics available by tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Captainaxiom

Anyone every come across a fiber optic front sight for the 87T

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Front fibre sight for the 87t?

I might be able to 3D print one for you if you're interested in that? I'd need to look into it a bit more before I can say for sure though but from my quick google search, it seems like it's doable.

That's would be great. There is a company in the US called Turtlecreek products that have them on their website. I tried to order one but they won't ship outside the US If you want to have a look at it and see if your printer could run a couple off

• Advertisement

Luckysasha wrote: »
    That's would be great. There is a company in the US called Turtlecreek products that have them on their website. I tried to order one but they won't ship outside the US If you want to have a look at it and see if your printer could run a couple off

Any chance you can link me to the one that you were looking at? also, i'll need to get the dimensions of the magazine from you if that's possible, I should just need the thickness and width and maybe a picture or two of the top of the mag so I can design the tool to fit it properly

https://www.turtlecreekproducts.com/gun_accessories.htm. You have to select beretta 87T from the drop down menu.

https://www.turtlecreekproducts.com/gun_accessories.htm. You have to select beretta 87T from the drop down menu.

Im going to assume its the Plate Loaders for Magazines with Loading Levers. If it is then this should doable, I just need the dimensions and a few pictures and I should be able to replicate that plate

Yep that's the one. Pity they don't show you the specific one for the beretta but you can see the idea. I will have a scratch around this evening and see if I can get you some pics and dimensions.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭PSXDupe

Have you tried HillJak, I order a couple for the S&W Victory, quality is 100% and shipping wasn't that expensive as they will ship using USPS, think the shipping was about $10-$12. Excellent service from them also.

Turtlecreek sent me a mail after I ordered stating they couldn't ship outside USA because the item was subject to ITAR rules. I will try Hilljak and see how I get on. Thanks for the tip

No luck with hilljak I'm afraid. Couldn't see one on their website so I sent them an email and got a reply that they don't do a speed loader for a beretta 87T

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭PSXDupe

No luck with hilljak I'm afraid. Couldn't see one on their website so I sent them an email and got a reply that they don't do a speed loader for a beretta 87T

Whereabouts are you based, I have Hilljak speed loaders and they have fit pretty much every single stack mag that I've tried. If you close you could try the loaders I have.

Ok think I have this problem figured out. The mag follower has a set screw tapped in to it to take the force of the follower slamming home against the top of the mag. From the screw to the top of the follower there is 11mm of metal. I'm thinking of just drilling a 2mm hole just above the screw and using the 2mm drill bit as a "T" handle to pull the mag follower down for loading. Can't imagine taking 2mm from 11mm will weaken it that much.

Advertisement