Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roaming to Switzerland Vodafone versus Eir/Meteor

Options
  • 22-06-2017 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

It looks like Eir/Meteor does not include roaming to Switzerland in their EU roaming offer. In fact, not only do they charge for roaming but they're charging an outrageous 8 euros per *megabyte*.

On vodafone it looks like Switzerland is free like in EU countries. Even before the free EU roaming it would only have costed 3 euro per day.

I only just switched to eir but that was a rude surprise and I'm considering switching back just for that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

I have a French mobile with a (good-as) unlimited calls & data package, but had an extra charge on a recent bill. When I looked into it, it was the same reason - data used while in Switzerland, and that was just some app checking in with the server (I was only in the country for about half an hour! :pac: )

They're not in the EU, so the same rules don't apply. It's up to individual service providers. Even so, my rate is only 0€19/Mb Are you sure you're reading the right table?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Switzerland has always been stupid expensive with most providers. Usually the most expensive.

High cost of living + non EU = bend over and take it.
    on 19 December 2006, the Company announced the sale of its 25% stake in Switzerland's Swisscom for CHF4.25 billion (£1.8 billion). After the deal, Swisscom would still be part of the community as a Partner Network.

Vodafone are so big, they set their own pricing thus are an exception here.

Advertisement