Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeworld: Cataclysm just returned! HolyMotherOfWhaaaaaaa

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I just saw this a few minutes ago and bought it immediately. Can't believe they managed to get it up after so long. Would love to see a remastered version of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

If it's on GOG does that mean they've got it working on modern systems?

I'm sure I've still got the CD kicking around somewhere but I doubt it still works.

Haven't played through in about 8 or 9 years.

Yeah, GOG won't release it if it doesn't work (iirc). I could never get it to work either, so can't wait to play this tonight. Downloading at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Kiith wrote: »
    I just saw this a few minutes ago and bought it immediately. Can't believe they managed to get it up after so long. Would love to see a remastered version of it.

didn't they lose the original code?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Skerries wrote: »
    didn't they lose the original code?

That was my understanding also, not seen an answer as to what happened there. Maybe like Bliz recently somebody found a copy on disk.

• Advertisement

Yeah, apparently they did lose the code, so it probably won't be remastered anytime soon (if ever). Still, making it work on modern systems will do just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Still my favorite of the Homeworld games, hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you crash after the 3rd Splash Screen:
    cataclysm.exe /sw

Do that once

That enables software rendering to bypass the direct3D issues.

There's also reg keys for the resolution as the configurator tool included in root doesnt work very well.

On mission 11 at the minute. Normal difficulty and I'm peaking at 64K RUs xD

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Omg awesome. Kiith Somtaaw rides again. The miners become warriors.

Thinking about this game again just reminds me how terrible the story was in HW2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Calm down, no need to panic, I've once more killed The Beast...and had a blast doing it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement