Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Music 2017 Discussion

Options
  • 22-06-2017 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Does anyone feel like comparing answers for a laugh? There's a few things I'm wondering about from the listening paper and they'll probably be bugging me all summer hahahahahaha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nmdkwc

For Barry I said:
    The beginning, si bheag si mhor, canon at a crotchet with octaves between parts in the order violin, viola LH piano, change in dynamics.

C4 Hommage à Horowitz, instrumentation differs obviously, texture differs because excerpt one is canonic imitation and c4 is polyphonic with different melodies in the left and right hands. Features octaves (but I think it should be fifths now)

Violin viola cello, bowing near bridge to produce a flute like sound, atonal, I said the time signatures offset the canon and create instability but I don't know what the answer actually should be I made that up! I used retrograde referring to e1 as a retrograde of d2, and inversion referring to a as inversion of si bheag si mhor.

The dictation I did descending from g and a minim on b flat, two features I said sequence in guitar part and bass line descends in step, piano part uses a broken chord motif and develops it, gong, opening is diff because it's a Capella and has four part vocal harmonies instead of solo voice.

Aria duetto, soprano and alto, in thirds, sequence and imitation, organ, not bothered typing the explanation for figured bass hahaha, used the opening lines in melisma for the word painting e.g.,

Exposition, strife, syncopation and repeated notes, 3 note figure, canon of strife theme between upper ww and Lower strings accompanied by buzzing semiquaver passages on violin, I used friar Lawrence and said rhythmically diff because FL moves in minims and crotchets and S moves with dotted rhythm, semiquavers and syncopation, and FL moves more in step while S has more wider leaps e.g. Opening leap of a fifth

Let me know how yours compare to mine OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 blueee

nmdkwc wrote: »
    For Barry I said:
    The beginning, si bheag si mhor, canon at a crotchet with octaves between parts in the order violin, viola LH piano, change in dynamics.

C4 Hommage à Horowitz, instrumentation differs obviously, texture differs because excerpt one is canonic imitation and c4 is polyphonic with different melodies in the left and right hands. Features octaves (but I think it should be fifths now)

Violin viola cello, bowing near bridge to produce a flute like sound, atonal, I said the time signatures offset the canon and create instability but I don't know what the answer actually should be I made that up! I used retrograde referring to e1 as a retrograde of d2, and inversion referring to a as inversion of si bheag si mhor.

The dictation I did descending from g and a minim on b flat, two features I said sequence in guitar part and bass line descends in step, piano part uses a broken chord motif and develops it, gong, opening is diff because it's a Capella and has four part vocal harmonies instead of solo voice.

Aria duetto, soprano and alto, in thirds, sequence and imitation, organ, not bothered typing the explanation for figured bass hahaha, used the opening lines in melisma for the word painting e.g.,

Exposition, strife, syncopation and repeated notes, 3 note figure, canon of strife theme between upper ww and Lower strings accompanied by buzzing semiquaver passages on violin, I used friar Lawrence and said rhythmically diff because FL moves in minims and crotchets and S moves with dotted rhythm, semiquavers and syncopation, and FL moves more in step while S has more wider leaps e.g. Opening leap of a fifth

Yup, I said a lot of the same things as you! I'm pretty sure the Homage is in octaves, not fifths so I think you're okay there! In Q6 for the second excerpt which melody notes did you choose out of the three given little pieces? Also in the Irish music listening what did you say the first dance type was?

blueee wrote: »
    Yup, I said a lot of the same things as you! I'm pretty sure the Homage is in octaves, not fifths so I think you're okay there! In Q6 for the second excerpt which melody notes did you choose out of the three given little pieces? Also in the Irish music listening what did you say the first dance type was?
    I said the one starting on b, the third one I think? And a horn pipe

blueee wrote: »
    I said the one starting on b, the third one I think? And a horn pipe

Advertisement