Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do I do?

Options
  • 22-06-2017 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, hello.

So at the time of writing this, I have one exam left, Applied maths tomorrow afternoon. I'm reasonably confident with the exam and I'm looking forward to putting this whole thing behind me.

However, I'm genuinely concerned about my future. I tend to be lazy, and I have been lazy about the leaving cert. This is no joke, but I have done literally no study at all up to the leaving cert, the only study being a quick glance over the book an hour or two before an exam. I'm not concerned about failing anything, I have faith in my abilities to do pretty well. I've been working it out and I reckon I'll get about 400 points. It's by no means a bad result, but the struggle to find motivation combined with my laziness is going to leave me disappointed. I'm capable of much more, and with a little work I believe I could get into nearly any course I wanted.

Come August, I know I will be disappointed and angry at myself, and my parents are going to flip. I still don't know what courses I want to do, but I'm willing to bet the points I'll get won't let me into any course I'm interested in. This raises the question, what do I do? I really, really do not want to repeat the year. It may be the best thing for me, and the results could be the ultimate kick up the backside, but school just doesn't do it for me. Currently, in my worried state, repeating feels like the only option. Can I do some course for a year then transfer into the course I initially wanted, as long as they have similar modules? Is that a possibility?

This all just hit me a few hours ago. I'm smart, but lazy, and ****ing around like I have done is going to screw my future up. I'm kinda scared.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Focus on your applied maths for today. When it's all over , take a break and look very carefully at your cao choices, if they look too high points wise, then have a look at your level 6/7 choices and see if they could be back door in to your level 8 choices . See if there's anything that could moved up or down or added to your choices. Call and see if you could get a careers appointment . No decisions about repeating to be made just yet. Nothing closed to you yet.

Advertisement