Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather app without internet

Options
  • 22-06-2017 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Anyone know if a weather app that can be used with no internet access. Ive no data package & will have no WiFi where I am going

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭VikingG

No app will work without some data... however I believe this one can load data and use it at a later point in an offline mode, however after a few days it may be totally out

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.palmarysoft.forecaweather&feature=search_result

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

You will need data to make sure that data on the app is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

The only weather app that would work without data would be a barometer, which is built into a lot of phones nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Do as we did before we had mobiles and apps.

Forecast using the clouds ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭pauldry

Theres an app that works using no data

Its called your window

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Can I ask, how do you expect the app to tell the weather? It gets it from a source, via the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Rougies

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Can I ask, how do you expect the app to tell the weather? It gets it from a source, via the internet.

It sounds like a ridiculously stupid question, but the vast majority of people have no idea how phone apps work and even less of an idea about how weather forecasting works. Combine the two and it's not actually that bad of a question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

A weather app repeats forecasts. Are generally more inaccurate the further away (in time) they forecast. So the longer away from a data source and an update the more inaccurate it will be.

Advertisement