Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with An Post

Options
  • 22-06-2017 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

I sent two parcels to Minsk on the 6th June by registered post. The last update on the track and trace page was on the 7th June saying it had been dispatched from Dublin Mail Centre. Absolutely nothing since. I emailed An Post and the postal department in Minsk. Minsk said there was no trace if it in their system. An Post replied a week later saying they will look into it. Heard nothing back. Rang An Post, on hold for about 40 mins only to be told it's in transit to Belarus. No explanation as to the delay or such. It's now been 2 and a half weeks and just because of the fact the tracking online isn't updating has me very worried as to where it might be.

Any suggestions or what could I do. An Post are a joke to deal with

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If AP can confirm that it definitely left on the outbound flight then its somewhere along the route but isn't scanned on its way.

Inbound mail has been a mess of late, no reason to expect them to do any better with outbound.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

Is there a live chat page on the An Post website? Can't find it. My emails are not getting answered and was on hold for 45 minutes the other day.

Can take them up to 10 days to reply to emails.

Getting through on the phone can be worth it as their tracking system provides far more detail than they provide to the web API (which is really frustrating).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Emails get replied to on overtime. Nor during day. Better ring.

They got back to me after over a week just saying they will look into it and get back to me. It's an absolute joke. Emailed postal department in Belarus again and the said still no trace of it in their system. It's now been 3 weeks.

Any suggestions what could have possibly happened to it? So annoyed

• Advertisement

Its probably going Dublin - Frankfurt - Somewhere - Minsk. Anywhere along the way a cage can get waylaid or stolen from. Or has just been sent the wrong way and will eventually find its way back.

Getting beyond a joke at this stage. An Post said they will look into it. Heard nothing back. So bloody annoyed. Not looking good is it

After nearly a month after sending it, the tracking option now says that it's been held by customs in Belarus.

Got an email from An Post here saying that I should tell the recipient to get in touch with customs about this.

The person I am sending it to said that there is a limit of 22 euro and any parcels declared above that amount will be held by customs and that she will probably have to pay tax on it before it is released.

Anybody any experience with this?

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

What was the value of the items you were sending? If you've filled in the customs declaration accordingly, then the receiver will have to pay customs/duty before it will be released to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

You have no problems with An Post. It was delivered and held by customs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

So it seems An Post aren't the joke the OP accused them of being after all.

Spocker wrote: »
    What was the value of the items you were sending? If you've filled in the customs declaration accordingly, then the receiver will have to pay customs/duty before it will be released to them.

One parcel was only 20 euro. The other about 60 euro.

Hate the receiver having to pay to release them. Embarrassing.

So it seems An Post aren't the joke the OP accused them of being after all.

They are. Went missing for weeks before arriving in Minsk. Wouldn't give me any info when i phoned, offering no help whatsoever. Took weeks to reply to an email. Could go on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Once a parcel leaves Ireland goes to a different country and that country doesn't scan it's arrival theres not much AnPost can do to trace it, it's frustrating as F**k, I sent one to Zambia last place it got scanned was South Africa (why) never arrived to Zambia,

It's also like the Chinese (ali express) packets they're sent with a tracking number, but are no use once they leave China till they arrive in Ireland (usually the day before you get it)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Fonze07 wrote: »
    They are. Went missing for weeks before arriving in Minsk. Wouldn't give me any info when i phoned, offering no help whatsoever. Took weeks to reply to an email. Could go on

It's not AP scanning it in another country, its understand that you want to vent your anger at someone, but it's not APs fault

They could have done a lot more to help locate the package than what they actually did do

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

They could have done a lot more to help locate the package than what they actually did do

What exactly?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

If they aren't scanned along the way, what do you think they can do? Fly people out to find them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

One parcel was only 20 euro. The other about 60 euro.

Hate the receiver having to pay to release them. Embarrassing.

If you are sending items above a certain amount (about €20 I think) outside of the EU (or from outside EU to inside EU) then there will always be customs added when the package arrives in the country. Standard operating procedure.

Advertisement