Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

God refuses to pay

Options
  • 22-06-2017 8:43am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

God owns the land so the council should get the rates from him.

They do things differently in Tasmania

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Hard to know whether these people are genuine religious crackpots, or just chancers trying to avoid paying the rates.

Here's another article, the business looks quite prosperous. Maybe they see themselves as the Amish or the Boers once did, guided by God in some Calvinist way as God's chosen people to go out there to faraway places and populate His land with Good People.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

CabanSail wrote: »
    God owns the land so the council should get the rates from him.
    They may need to produce God in court to confirm this, together with the kind of signed contract which may be some time in coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,083 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

God has paid up, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Miracles will never cease :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭looksee

"Unless there's a change of heart and they come to a new realisation and hopefully find some new text within the Bible that allows them to pay rates, I fear we will be in the position in three or so years time."

Matthew 22.21 ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I wonder if he may send his son to pay on his behalf. I am sure he could charge a good appearance fee. People are still talking about his last tour and it was some time ago. Had quite a spectacular encore by all accounts.

CabanSail wrote: »
    I wonder if he may send his son to pay on his behalf. I am sure he could charge a good appearance fee. People are still talking about his last tour and it was some time ago. Had quite a spectacular encore by all accounts.
    Mmm. It was one of these cult things that is only appreciated in retrospect. Reviews at the time were quite poor, and by all accounts the critical response was fairly punitive, even over-the-top. The show was closed early, with extreme prejudice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Ah, if only there had been 'reviews at the time'. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I guess it would be unfair to do that to him anyway. The rumour was that the last tour ended in a loss. He had to pick up the bill for everyone else and was hung out to dry. It was only after it was finished that the Rock n Roll happened. Even the merchandising was a flop with most of the stuff being non genuine copies. They did release a double sided shroud but only sold one copy. All that would make me cross even though they nailed the final stunt.

And don't get me started on all the tribute acts that have come along since!

• Advertisement
Advertisement