Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swiss Army Watch

Options
  • 21-06-2017 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭

Hi I got a Swiss army watch repaired it need a battery and Spindle for turning watch it took two months cost 85 euro

I left it in to a reptuable jewellers but when I got it back it was going forward by 3 hours

So I went back with watch they said this should not been happening, and they took it back in again two months later I have to ring them he eventually gets back to me and says its a problem with the mechanism now and i will need a new one as the original has given up but would fix it for 200 and guarantee it for a year,

He said this would normally cost 350

What I want to ask is should they not have noticed this the first time when I asked for a estimate?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You asked for a battery and spindle, so the watch was presumably not working at the time. They are watch repairers, not psychics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

I asked for battery and to check out the watch. If I go for a service with a car does the garage not inform me if I need more work and there not physic ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

I asked for battery and to check out the watch. If I go for a service with a car does the garage not inform me if I need more work and there not physic ...

Advertisement