Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you visit anybody else using your homepage provider?

Options
  • 21-06-2017 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

Bit more detail: If you have a home website on eir, do you browse other home websites on eir? Or if you have a personal website on google sites, do you browse other google sites? Have you contacted the sites?

I am not talking about facebook here.

Or has this activity died a death? Does anybody do it anymore?

I have one contact who maintains a website on google sites about the MGWR railway. But that's about all unfortunately.

It seems the concept of online 'neighorhoods' died with GeoCities...(80% of you won't know this free website provider)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I'm not sure that it has died, it has just changed a little.
    If you look at some popular blogs, many have a blog roll of other blogs that they recommend. Things like featured posts and collaborations also are very common. So it's still a form of discovery, but a bit less random - it's more like "if you like my site I think you might like this" while in your scenario you could move from a site about horses to a site detailing how to build weapons to a vegan baking site.

The problem right now is that there is simply too much information online and people hace limited attention spans and time. Things like social media and blog collaborations like I mentioned above help people to discover new sites and communities, but I think the days of clicking through sites hosted in proximity to yours may be gone.

Advertisement