Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deneb Region

Options
  • 21-06-2017 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone.

With the fantastic weather i managed to get out three nights in a row.

So this is 2 hrs of ha in 30 second subs and 1.5 hrs of Oiii in 30 second subs.

Samyang 135, captured with a zwo asi 1600. Cooled to -20 C

Processed in photoshop. Local Contrast enhancement, noise reduction, make stars smaller (carboni's tools) I made a synthetic green layer and used duplicated Hue/saturation layers with clipping masks (Canistra method) and somehow i ended up where i did.

I used a master dark, and bias.

Stacked in Dss.

Richard.

35411878055_94d3f2a3ae_z.jpgDeneb Region by Richard Sweeney, on Flickr

☀️

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Wonderful image, Cygnus is such an awesome part of the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Wonderful image, Cygnus is such an awesome part of the sky.

Thanks Mick. You're right, there's so much going on there.

☀️

HOO Version

34639105934_36f2c7e9f5_z.jpgNorth region ha oiii by Richard Sweeney, on Flickr

☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

Good God, that is a fantastic capture. One of the finest I have come across!

Kersh wrote: »
    Good God, that is a fantastic capture. One of the finest I have come across!

Thanks Kersh. Delighted with it. I reckon this combination of lens/camera is capable of so much more considering this is only 3.5 hrs of data.

☀️

• Advertisement
Advertisement