Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Dreambox Edit on Edision OS Mega

Options
  • 21-06-2017 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

I'm new to this so please bear with me...the terminology may not be correct.

I recently purchased an Edision OS mega box and connected it to my satellite and terrestrial aerial with the aim of replicating a sky+ plus as close as possible but with free to view content.

After reading up on a few forums, I've configured the AutoBouquetsMaker capability and added the FreeSatUK bouquet.

I then downloaded Dreambox Edit (onto my PC) and added RTE 1, 2, TG4 etc as channels to this bouquet so that I see the Irish channels first followed by BBC 1, 2, UTV etc.

This works fine but the added channels disappear after a few days. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

Auto means it automatically updates unless you turn it off. Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mp31

But if I set 'schedule scan = NO' then what do I lose?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Your channels don't get updated regularly in that case. Meaning if some channel parameter changes you may no longer receive it. Which is not really happening that often. I'm no expert but I'd think daily updates is way over the top but its kinda the default with autobouqetsmaker.

There is another option, there is a way of creating your own 'user' bouquets that do not get overwritten by autobouquetsmaker's auto update. Have a look at the .tv files files in /etc/enigma2. Each .tv file is a bouquet and then there is bouquets.tv which controls what bouquets are active. There is a readme in that folder if I remember right or comments in a sample file or so. Basically you can create your own exceptions for abqmkr.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mp31

If I create my own user bouquet, can I also schedule scans for it to pick up any changes to the channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Not with abqmkr as far as I know. user bouquets remain untouched.

• Advertisement
Advertisement