Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everspace

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

It's on my Wishlist for the Steam Sale. Looks like my type of game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I really like it. Enemy diversity/encounter types gets a little repetitive after a few run throughs, only downside really.

Graphics are lovely, weapons are fun. They walk a good line between true rogue-like elements of losing your progress while also having a sense of progression and continuity outside of each run. Story is surprisingly good for a game like this. Fully integrates with the rogue-like gameplay; there is a reason you're making repeated attempts to make it to your destination.

It's compatible with VR but I didn't find it very enjoyable, went back to playing on a normal screen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've been tempted by it for a while, as it looks great, but held off for some reason. Not normally a roguelike (is that a genre now?) fan, but i do love space stuff.

Might get it in the sale (i'm sure we'll get a 20% off or something like that).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Kiith wrote: »
    roguelike (is that a genre now?)

Since 1980, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,600 ✭✭✭Glebee

Got a steam gift card for christmas so decided to pick this up while its on sale. played for an hour and refunded. Not that its bad but I know I wont play it much, might as well refund will I get the chance. Im sure it will be much cheaper soon enough.

I dont suppose ill get the refund in time for the end of the winter sale this evening though..

• Advertisement
Advertisement