Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Labs Graduate Programme

Options
  • 21-06-2017 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Is anyone in the Ryanair labs graduate programme and would like to share their experience? I am considering applying, specifically to their software development department.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Hi,
    Is anyone in the Ryanair labs graduate programme and would like to share their experience? I am considering applying, specifically to their software development department.

Thanks

Better off asking in the Development forum for that. My wife worked there for a few years a while back. It was a tough place but she got great experience out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭thisisadamh

John_Mc wrote: »
    Better off asking in the Development forum for that. My wife worked there for a few years a while back. It was a tough place but she got great experience out of it

Thanks John. Could a mod move it there please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

You might get good experience if you can stick it out for a year or so. A colleague of mine worked in their IT department previously and had a miserable time though she got great exposure which helped her make a step up to where she is now. Have a look on Glassdoor as well it will also give you an idea of what it's like to work there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭wordofwarning

pauliebdub wrote: »
    Have a look on Glassdoor as well it will also give you an idea of what it's like to work there.

The problem with Glassdoor is that the reviews are rarely on the corporate side of some businesses. You might be interviewing for a marketing role in some firm, but 95% of their reviews on Glassdoor are their minimum wage retail staff. They are the same company, but will you be treated differently to their minimum wage floor staff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

The problem with Glassdoor is that the reviews are rarely on the corporate side of some businesses. You might be interviewing for a marketing role in some firm, but 95% of their reviews on Glassdoor are their minimum wage retail staff. They are the same company, but will you be treated differently to their minimum wage floor staff

The reviews can be filtered so you can see reviews from their Dublin HQ. I'd take the reviews with a pinch of salt too but if you look at 10 or 15 reviews you should get a fairly accurate picture.

• Advertisement
Advertisement