Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prodigy from Mobb Deep RIP

Options
  • 20-06-2017 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Prodigy from Mobb Deep has passed away :o

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Such bad news. The infamous is my all time favourite album. Still sounds so good.

And he was only 42

Harambe wrote: »
    Prodigy from Mobb Deep has passed away :o

Causes?

NM got it here.really young :(

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/mobb-deep-rapper-prodigy-dead-at-42-w488890

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Gutted, The Infamous gets all the plaudits and rightly so, but Hell on Earth is one of my favourite albums ever, P was like a man possessed on there....he only released an album earlier this year and was due to drop the 2nd part of it soon, RIP to one of the greats

horsebox09 wrote: »
    Gutted, The Infamous gets all the plaudits and rightly so, but Hell on Earth is one of my favourite albums ever, P was like a man possessed on there....he only released an album earlier this year and was due to drop the 2nd part of it soon, RIP to one of the greats

I really like HNIC also

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I really like HNIC also

Great album, You'll Never Feel My Pain is an immense track.. .Albert Einstein is 1 of the most overlooked albums of this decade too...Mobb Deep/P's solo albums will be on repeat for the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭buried

Absolute $hitty news. I love this little snippet of a interview they did from back in the day. Just genuine young lad's, doing their own thing, with no egotistical noise. Created great stand-out work.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Created a new thread from this and merged the stuff from other threads in here.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I love the first to Mobb Deep albums, I've even got the demo's from The Infamous, I even have their first album Juvenile Hell.
    I've only sporadically liked releases since then, I've enjoyed some of Prodigy's work with Alchemist.

I got to talk to the missus this morning about Prodigy and some of his history, particularly his part in the east/west beef....well, more a 2Pac beef and how 2Pac was the first to publicly talk about the disease in a beef track which ultimately looks to have been the cause of his death.

Shame that he has passed, it looks like he was surrounding himself with some good people now that would have brought back some of the 90's flavour of hip hop.

One of my favorite tracks from Prodigy (HNIC)

Also this one, response to 2pac at the time. I'd rate it as one of the most underrated diss tracks all of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭pgj2015

cant believe im just hearing about this now, gutted, have always been a huge prodigy fan, best voice in rap I think. Glad i got to see him in Dublin a few years ago in voodoo lounge especially as i had ticked to see them for the ambassador way back in like 2005 or something and it was cancelled because P got sick I think. RIP.

• Advertisement

Have yiz heard about the mural that was in Queen I think, deadly painting of Prodigy was done on the side of a building.
    Someone wrecked it a day or 2 later.
    Repainted again.
    Someone wrecked it again.
    The city have painted over it now.

Shame.

Advertisement