Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router Problem

Options
  • 21-06-2017 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, hopefully someone can help me here.

I bought a Asus RT-N12 VP router here in Russia to serve as a repeater for the existing wireless in the camp here. The router is way down the hall, the computer can pick it up pretty good but the phone, not so much.

Anyway when i started it up and tried to connect to it the wizzard comes up and i selected repeater mode and selected the wifi network and put in the password and the wizzard said everything was ok and ready to go, i got sceptical as i assumed it wouldn't be that easy and sure enough my phone or anything else wouldn't connect.

Any ideas?

The IT guy is a bit of an ass and wont help, he wont hook up the ethernet points in the room either which would be really easy i imagine.

I use a mac FYI

64ac56dd543e117187cf8d6b6be151208a6a2c6d5443f67816bd5dd0c2b04791.jpg

Advertisement