Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended 4g speeds

Options
  • 20-06-2017 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I want to switch networks, VF is working fine for me, but I'm paying over the odds for my usage. I got a sim card from iD and coverage seems to be good, but I've noticed that the 4g speeds I get from them are consistently about half what I get on VF. What I don't know is if the iD speeds are going to be a hindrance or anything. The handset I'm using for the iD card is too old to prove useful to me every day, and I don't want to put the sim into my current phone as my number hasn't been changed over.

What I really need is some sort of chart that says "if you (x), you need (y) mb/s", with things like email, browse, facebook, etc. I realise in this day and age, I can simply swap over my number, and move on after 30 days if it's not suitable, which I just might do, but it'd be nice to know my limits anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its not the speed in one place that will impact you, its the reliability of useable speeds.

With Vodafone its hard to find a truly congested area, with Three(iD, 48, Tesco, Virgin) its quite easy.

8Mb is enough for a HD stream. Thats the heaviest thing most do outside of OS updates.

Advertisement