Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell delivered a cancelled order

Options
  • 20-06-2017 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy everyone,

So I ordered a work PC from Dell a while back now, they lost the order (literally they had no idea what happened to it) So told me they would send another one into production but id be waiting another six weeks. This did not suit me, so I cancelled the order, Dell said this was ok, Dell refunded the money, I thought all was fine.

Courier company tried to deliver the original lost PC on Monday, I rejected the delivery. They arrived back today with the order, and a neighbour signed for it instead.

Ive emailed Dell about the delivery, but surely I should not have to pay any charges for returning the product and Dell cannot force the amount of money out of my account?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

No they can just arrange a courier to collect it from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

No they can just arrange a courier to collect it from you.

That's fine. I could write a book at this stage of my experience with Dell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Fair play to you for being honest. I'm sure if you were that way inclined you could have easily protested that you never signed for a machine and never received it

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Many moons ago it was explained to me that Dells internet sales were not connected in any way to their "actual" sales system which meant an employee has to print out your order and type it into the "actual" system . If this is still going on then there is no wonder orders are getting lost!!

they told me it's to be collected tomorrow between 8am-6pm.

I wont be sitting around the house waiting for them, if I'm there they can take it otherwise they will have to reschedule.

• Advertisement

Ha!
    Just got an email at 12.20 this morning. That they will arrange a collection this morning between 9-12........

They must have time travel abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

Give them a time that is convenient to you that they can collect it. Tell them if that doesn't suit them, they can have the option of paying you for a full day waiting around on them.

courier arrived this morning with a second PC????

Refused delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

So DELL has'nt really modernized it's delivery system since the late '90s. Disappointing though not surprising.

Courier arrived this evening......its gone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement