Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International 574

Options
  • 20-06-2017 5:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭

I changed the fuel and oil filters but no manual pump that i see to prime it, how do i get her up and running now please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭stock>

Make sure you have plenty diesel in the tank. open the bleed screw on both filters and gravity should do the rest, once the filters are full then you can open the bleed screws on the pump.

If you thought of starting without filling the filters then you may need to crack #1 injector pipe and move the stopper to the halfway position(excess diesel for cold starting) and crank her in short bursts until she starts, close the injector and let her run at tick over until the engine runs smooth.

If the diesel is low in the tank apply some low pressure air toit and it will force the diesel through, make sure the filter bleeds are open first or you will force the air into the pump..............................

Advertisement