Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boarding for dogs 1 in heat

• 20-06-2017 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My dogs were supposed to be spayed today but one of them went into heat yesterday. Kennels don't seem to take dogs in heat. We are going on holidays 11th July. What am I going to do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Dog walking/dog sitting services are probably your only option.

Someone comes into your house a couple of times a day, feeds the dogs and takes them for a walk. You might pay a premium for the dog in heat though, as it means they can't walk your dog with any of their other clients'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I'm surprised the kennel even takes them unspayed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

By the 11th July your dog will be coming to the end of her season, if not already finished, so i wouldn't worry too much.

She should be fine in the kennels. Have you already told the kennels that she has come in to season? If not then it will be fine. It's over 22 days away, and most seasons last 3 weeks max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

InTheTrees wrote: »
    I'm surprised the kennel even takes them unspayed.

Plenty of kennels take unspayed Bitches. Sure how else would us show folk manage or those that decide they would prefer not to spay?

Advertisement