Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Watch

Options
  • 20-06-2017 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭

Hi probably been posted before but..

Was looking into getting a watch to track my runs. New to running, mainly played other sports but wanted to get something to show how much distance I'd ran on a run. Would mainly be doing intervals (400m) and up to 5-10k. Was looking at the Garmin Forerunner 25. Doesn't need to be fancy just accurate. Any thoughts?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

The 25 is good, has everything you need including sensor compatibility and bluetooth for connecting to your phone - but the 2xx range actually has an interval mode to help with the training that might be useful..

Also, there is unfortunately no such thing as an accurate GPS watch..

• Registered Users Posts: 31 RunnerGarf

I have the Forerunner 25 that my wife got me and I love it. I'm not a serious runner though and just wanted something to track my runs without having to take my phone with me.

You can set it to manual "Laps" which allows you to press a button to reset the lap time / distance which I've used when doing intervals, it allows me to see the distance and speed of those intervals.

The distances recorded match what I was recording using my phone.

Advertisement