Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best tattoo artist in Ireland

Options
  • 19-06-2017 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So guys I'm considering getting my first tattoo, I have an idea of what i want and where I want it, who is the best in Ireland to go to? Wether it be northern or republic I don't mind traveling I just want it done right first time,

I know people will comment depends on the style so I'll tell you what I'm after it's a black and white rose piece with a 3D time piece in the center.

I am currently living in Galway but as I said I have no issues with traveling to make sure I get it done correctly and professionally.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I think for realistic B&W work in general, it'll always be hard to beat Robert Litcan:

https://www.facebook.com/rlitcan/photos?lst=578905915%3A100000540642489%3A1497885803

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Robert Litcan has done one of the best rose timepiece tattoos by an Irish artist, but then again it is such a common tattoo that I'm sure most accomplished artists could put together something satisfactory for you. I know Remis, who I would regard as the best tattoo artist in the country, would not really be interested in such a project. See Robert Litcans one below. I'd imagine this could be what you are looking for.

a98984835e804c5af2bfabda1a4a3029.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Robert Litcan...hands down !!!...but he's booked out til September - I had some work done off him last Thursday, and I could only get my next slot in at the end of September ...he is doing some guest-spots in Holland in August...well worth the wait, sorry I didn't go to him first..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Yeah robert, I can put up a gallery of ink he has done on my friends and I, he is prob the best in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 33 stilllooking

Different artists specialize in different styles. For japanese work you can't get better than chris crooks in northern ireland, for color realism, particularly portraits, I'd be going with claire griffin of inksane athlone, or mateusz szablinski in magic's studio in cork. Is it a one day sitting or will it take a few sessions? There are many international artists who travel to Ireland for conventions or to guest in Irish studios for a week or 2, or you can get low cost flights to europe where there are even more artists. There's a tattoo show in galway every year, and also 3 in cork (cork city, skibbereen and middleton) 2 in dublin, one in athlone, waterford, kerry, limerick, belfast, newry, derry and several in the UK and europe also if you're not averse to travelling (I don't see too much differene in a 5 hour drive vs a 3 hour plane trip especially on a ryanair deal)

• Advertisement
Advertisement